Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is Fire & Tea (ABN 99 756 354 477).
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
4. Entry is open to all readers of Fire & Tea.
5. The competition commences at 9.00am AEDT on Friday, 7 October 2016 and concludes at 5pm AEDT on Friday, 21 October 21 2016. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
6. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
7. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. Entry via computer generation and not attributable to a valid phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
8. Entrants may enter the competition by visiting the It’s Easy to be ab Urban Nomad blog post at www.fireandtea.com and completing the entry form including (but not limited to) full name, postal address and email address. The cost of accessing the promotion website will be dependent on the entrant’s Internet Service Provider.
9. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
11. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries submitted by one person will be deemed invalid.
12. The winners will be the first five valid entries submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by random computer selection at 5.30pm AEDT on Friday, 21 October 2016 at Fire & Tea’s residential address.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
14. The winners will be notified by email as soon as possible after the draw and prizes will be posted out to winners within three days of the draw.
15. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
16. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
17. Individual prize value is up to AUD$30 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to AUD$150 (including GST) as at Wednesday, 7 September 2016.
18. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of publication (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
19. Five (5) prize winners will receive a Lonely Planet’s Best Of Guide 2017 of their choice. Choices include Barcelona, London, New York City, Paris or Rome.
20. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
21. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. Winners should check passes for full terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
22. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any prize that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
23. Subject to complying with all relevant legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
24. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
25. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
26. Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promotional website. Access to that site is dependent on the Internet service provider.
27. If an entrant uses any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software), organises for a third party to enter on their behalf in breach of these terms and conditions or enters using incorrect contact details, his or her entry will be deemed invalid. If such an entrant wins a prize, the entrant must immediately return the prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine whether an entrant has breached this clause. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm whether an entrant has breached this clause. Entrants must provide whatever documents the Promoter requires upon request.
28. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
30. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
31. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.